In the fast-paced world we live in today, the concept of sharing often takes a backseat to individual goals and achievements. However, as a martial arts master and Division Director in TOASTMASTERS, I firmly believe in the importance of sharing, both in the martial arts journey and daily life. In this weeks post, I want to emphasize how sharing can be a transformative experience and provide practical tips to improve your ability to achieve more through sharing.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
We teach our students to learn, get smart and help others. Dr. Seuss was right! I believe we can go further in life if we share.
1. It’s Important to Share Your Life Goals:
Sharing your life goals, especially in the secure environment of martial arts, can be a catalyst for personal growth and development. Here’s why:
• Setting a clear path: When you share your goals with others, it insures you are articulating them clearly. This act of verbalizing your ambitions can help you create a well-defined path to achieve them. Our Belt progress curriculum, is a beautiful example of setting clear goals, and sharing the progress with others that care. For those seeking one on one mentoring I teach Private Lessons. CONTACT US for more information.
• Accountability: Sharing your goals with a support team, such as the one you’ll find in our martial arts community, means you have people who can hold you accountable. Our students learn that becoming a Black Belt takes hard work and commitment. Our Success Team helps them develop the discipline they need by holding them accountable. This atmosphere is incredibly motivating and keeps them on track.
• Feedback and guidance: Your peers and instructors can provide valuable insights and guidance based on their experiences. They can offer advice and suggestions to help you overcome challenges and reach your goals. We use influence over authority to help them accept constructive advice. Students learn that to improve we must overcome our mistakes and create better habits. Let us hear from you. Connect with us on Facebook
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do and share it with others.” – Steve Jobs
2. Learn to Listen to Others When They Share:
Sharing is a two-way street, and it’s equally important to be a good listener. Here’s why active listening matters:
• Empathy: When you listen to others sharing their experiences, you develop empathy. You can better understand their struggles, triumphs, and feelings, which can enhance your relationships and make you a more compassionate person.
• Learning opportunities: Everyone you meet, especially in a diverse community like ours, has a unique perspective. By listening to them, you can gain valuable insights and learn from their wisdom.
• Building trust: Active listening fosters trust. When you show genuine interest in what others have to say, it strengthens the bonds in your martial arts community and in life outside the dojang.
“Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste.” – Charlotte Brontë
3. Continuous Follow-Ups Along the Way:
Sharing isn’t a one-time event; it’s an ongoing process. Here’s why continuous follow-ups are crucial:
• Motivation: Regularly sharing your progress and challenges keeps you motivated. When you see how far you’ve come and receive support and encouragement, it fuels your determination.
Every class we encourage students to share their journey which inspires the whole team!
• Adaptation: Life is full of twists and turns. By maintaining open channels of communication with our support team, you can adapt your goals and strategies as needed, ensuring your success. We have regular check ins that propels your success to continues.
• Camaraderie: Continuously sharing your journey creates a sense of camaraderie. You and your peers become a tight-knit community, ready to celebrate each other’s victories and provide a shoulder to lean on during tough times. Learning to remain calm in challenging times are just as important and celebrating victories in moments of triumph.
In summary, the act of sharing in martial arts and life is a powerful tool for personal growth and connection. Sharing your goals sets you on the right path, learning to listen deepens your understanding of others, and continuous follow-ups ensure you stay on track and never feel alone on your journey.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
As a martial artist and public speaker one of my life goals is the share my journey and continue to help others. I invite you to join us for an introductory lesson and experience firsthand the magic of sharing within our martial arts community. It’s not just about punches and kicks; it’s about building lasting relationships and supporting one another to reach your full potential. By sharing your goals, listening to others, and maintaining those vital follow-ups, you’ll find a positive community of people you can trust, standing by your side as you achieve your dreams.
We love hearing from you… CONTACT US
Come and be a part of this incredible journey where sharing becomes your superpower. We look forward to welcoming you into our martial arts family in Sherman Oaks, Encino, and Van Nuys. Together, we can achieve greatness through the simple act of sharing. All In 100%
Are you ready? INTRODUCTORY LESSON
Here are some additional resources. Feel free to Share these with someone you care about: